Thursday 12 June 2008

veg


Just thought I'd show you the colour of the flowering purple potato my mum gave me to plant (they are usually white).



The vegetable year so far has been really good. I think its down to not over filling the plot, as I had done in previous years. Although the salad bar is well stocked!



The third crop in is leaf beet (eating tonight) its like spinach, but doesnt bolt, ie turn to seed. Its something new for this year and I think I prefer it to spinach. We've also eaten a row of little gem lettuces with another one ready to go, must sow more seed. We've been eating strawberries now for the last four days, they are actually not as sweet as I would like, though this doesnt seem to stop something enjoying them and as I'm organic I have to live and let live!!


No comments: