Thursday 18 December 2008

It's Christmas!



I must first apologize for my unenthusiastic week of blogging, and secondly for the blurry photos I keep taking, I think its time for a new camera! I finally felt well enough to make my door wreath with leftover branches from the tree.


I wanted to get some new decorations this year, but left it too late, so I'll have to make do with the funny assortment of vintage!



The family fairy even got an airing. One word of warning: If you decorate your tree with childlike whimsy you will be sure to attract the sticky fingers of toddlers!

The dining room is something of a country living style, maybe? Yes that is my recently finished patchwork upside down on the table.


I have even managed some crafting amongst all the shopping and decorating. Its my first ever attempt at a bag and I am totally amazed that it worked, and my first ever applique too! I filled this with some sweets etc and sent it off with the girls hearts which I made in the summer.



Finally I found that waterstones are selling Angie Lewin cards, which are almost as good as the real thing and a snip at £2.29. I think it shall be framed for the loft room. This photo is not very pleasing.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you are feelign better.
We have that gingerbread man garland too!
Your tree looks lovely.
Lisa x

ginny farquhar said...

ooh i am into Waterstones tomorrow.. thanks for that.
like your tree... we shall do the decorating this weekend... i am looking forward to feeling Christmassy.
xxxx

Simone said...

A lovely post. You have done a really good job with the door wreath. I have seen some not very well made holly wreaths at a florist with a couple of pine cones attached for £6.50!!! Yours looks very professional. I like all the crafty bits you have been up to too!

Country Bliss said...

Your tree looks so cute, love the zebra. Gorgeous wreath, glad your feeling better.
Yvonne x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Lovely post, you tree looks lovely.

Dotty said...

a lovely post