Tuesday 25 May 2010

simple as..

With my new status of girl with works in progress 
I felt I should add another project just to bulk up
said statement.
Another inspired doing.
Thanks to Lucy at Attic 24 for the heads up on a yarn website called Texere 
This yarn is a cotton/acrylic mix and cheap!! 
Which is great when you are wanting to crochet whatever you want, and not worrying about the cost.
This morning I have once more been sat outside doing my thing when I happened to notice how similar the colour of the square I was crocheting was to the thyme flower right next to me.
I ordered all the colours as I didnt want the constraints this time of a scheme
or to have to think about colour choice.
Looking round my garden I do see alot of these colours which is maybe why I like them so.
With red being the odd man out, I dont do red in the garden, but somehow
whether it be patchwork or crochet red seems to tie all the colours together.
 The cold spring has done wonders for the blooms this year.
I have counted 30 flower stems on this one plant.
 
Note to oneself again (buy more alliums!!!)
The first rose of the year!!
All this sun and activity has gone to my head 
So if you don't mind I will go and take a lie down...

12 comments:

Pea Green Kitty said...

Hello!
What beautifully inspiring colours!I love Aliums too, I keep on meaning to buy some, thier teeny flower heads and pom pom shape are the prettiest!
x

Anonymous said...

Your crochet colours look great together.
My lupins are brilliant at the minute too! :)Must be a good year for them.
Vivienne x

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Thank you for that tip Clare and also Attic 24 of course, I have been using Katia yarn again a cotton/acrylic mix .... as much as I love DB and Rowan they are way too expensive. Off to have a proper browse x

Lisa said...

It's good to see that knitting bag bulging with goodies!
LiSA X

Lyn said...

The flowers and crochet match perfectly! and the first Rose is a corker!
Love
Lyn
xxx

silverpebble said...

OOh, I love how you've put your little squares next to the matching flowers. Lovely! Still envying your outdoor sitting place

Dawn said...

I quite agree - those cotton mix yarns are just the job!
Lovely photos :)

VintageVicki said...

What a gorgeous colourful post.

Am envious of anyone who can crochet - I really must get on with learning.

Diane said...

I love how your crochet echo's the colours in your garden - your blooms look blooming lovely too!!! Even though we have had a scorcher of a weekend, we don't have a single rose out yet. xxxx

noelle said...

What a lovely bag of yarn, just gonna nip over to that site and have a look! x

Kimberley said...

Lovely coloured wool they look lovely together. I think i can feel a project coming on! x

this is my patch said...

You're right about the cold Spring. Some blooms in my garden are the tallest they have ever been. x