Thursday 14 October 2010

chunk


No I'm not about to do the truffle shuffle!
I got me some seriously chunky yarn*.
 Got any crochet scarf/neck warmer patterns?
I'm off to ravelry...

*seriously chunky cygnet yarn was purchased at
texere
It is 100% acrylic eeek!!
It may well fluff up..
but at £2.10 for 100g its a cheap way to play.

my god knitting is on this morning!! 
four girls who yarn bomb the streets.
Just looked up their website
knit the city
Apparently its wool week this week?
Hurrah for all things woolly and (erhem) yarny!!

*edited for your info
one of the above makes half a scarf/cowl,
see above post for an idea
you may need to order more than you thought!

12 comments:

marble rose said...

I want some - for a crochet hood-scarf.
boo - am jealous - anyone tell me the cheapest (yes that's me) place to get lush wool like this please!


Fleur
xxx

Anonymous said...

Ooooh what gorgeous yarn, great colours!!!
Vivienne x

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Haha! Your ref to The Goonies made me chuckle.
I love those yarns. Do let us know what you make.

Juliab said...

Fab colours! Can't wait to see what you end up making. I have no patterns I'm afraid and I got some chunky wool last week with the intention of making a scarf. Have fun searching Ravelry.

Diane said...

I use chunky needles - cast on about 25 stiches and knit (or rib) until a ball runs out - add a chunky button and pus through the wool. Just pop it over your neck like a polo neck jumper. There is one at the very beginning of my blog I think. xxxx

andamento said...

Lovely colours, be interested to see the end result. Don't spend too long in ravelry!

Little stitch and me said...

Great colours I bought a great pattern for a scarf last year off of etsy, it threads through itself to tie it together and is perfect for any type of wool. I think it was called the 'stay put scarf' it wasn't very expensive about £4 i think.

Serenata said...

Lovely colours. I've used Cygnet yarn, although not as chunky as that and it has crocheted/knitted up nicely and washed well.

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Wool week? Who knew? Lovely colours btw!

Lisa x

marble rose said...

THANK YOU!!! Am purchasing now. = let's keep in touch and compare contrast - mine will be a disaster, but by golly I will wear it!

Fleur
x

marble rose said...

DISASTER!!! That Sage Pay thing they have will not let me pay - now there's a sign - did you have any problems?
x

Anonymous said...

I LoVe that Cygnet yarn - it's ace!!! :)